We’ve updated the rebate process to fast-track payments. Now an instant rebate will be deducted from your customer’s payment through the Solar Victoria Customer Portal. You will then claim the value of the rebate through the Solar Victoria Industry Portal. Payment can be expected within nine business days.
How does it work?
You can complete the job and get your payment in six easy steps via the SV Portal.
- Create a quote for a customer
- Upload this quote to the SV portal as part of your Provider Statement
- Wait until you get an email confirming the customer has had their eligibility application approved using your quote
- Schedule the job with the customer
- Carry out the installation and receive the customer’s payment minus the value of their rebate (and loan, if applicable)
- Request payment for the value of the customer rebate (and loan) through the SV Portal
The SV Payments Team will process your request and deposit the funds into your nominated bank account within 9 business days of the payment being approved. Payments are processed on Tuesdays and Fridays.
Claiming a payment
Portal user guides
Our portal guides are designed to step you through specific tasks and processes. If you encounter any issues when using the portal you can contact us and we will work through the process with you.
Portal registration process
Scheduling an installation
Uploading a quote
Accessing accreditations and scanning QR codes
Installers are reminded that Part 13 of the Solar Homes Program terms and conditions for installers states that QR codes must be scanned at the time the installation occurs. Solar Victoria is monitoring compliance with this requirement.
Invoices, STC and GST
Retailers should continue to provide customers with quotes for the cost of the system and information of the benefit to the customer of the STC as they currently do.
Retailers should also ensure that customers are informed of the Solar Victoria contribution and understand the out of pocket expenses should there be a gap.
The cost to the consumer can be calculated as follows:
- Quote for the cost of installed system (inclusive of GST)
- Value to the retailer of the STCs transferred to the retailer when claimed from the CER
- Value of the applicable rebate and loan provided by Solar Victoria payable to the retailer
Cost to the customer charged by the Retailer
See treatment of GST and STCs on the invoice examples (below).
Invoice example (no loan)
Cross check to test the portal's treatment of incentives and GST against your invoice.
Invoice example with loan included
Cross check to test portal's treatment of incentives and GST against your invoice.
Reviewed 13 November 2019