Book now! The last training days funded by Solar Victoria are in December 2022.
Who can do the training?
Master Builders Victoria is delivering world-class training to site supervisors in our Solar Homes, Solar for Business and Home Heating and Cooling Upgrades (HHCU) programs.
To be eligible you must be:
- the owner, director or employee of a business on the Solar Victoria approved supplier list for our Solar Homes, Solar for Business or HHCU programs; or
- an owner, director or employee of a business on the approved supplier list.
What does the training cover?
Safety Leadership Skills for Site Supervisors – solar industry
Duration: 1 day course.
This training covers themes and topics relating to:
- apprenticeship supervision
- OHS requirements of site supervisors in the solar industry
- understanding leadership styles and preferences.
- Tuesday 13 December 2022
Dates are subject to change, and more dates may become available for group bookings. Please contact Master Builders Victoria to book and confirm available dates.
Leadership Essentials for Supervisors – general building industry
Duration: 2 day course.
- learn their predominant and secondary leadership and communication styles, and when these are best applied in a high-pressure environment
- develop influencing skills to effectively respond to operational issues and challenges commonly faced with onsite
- learn new techniques to engage and empower site-based personnel
- develop techniques that will assist with decision making, prioritisation and conflict resolution.
Please contact Master Builders Victoria to confirm available dates or to book a group session.
When and how is it delivered?
The last training days funded by Solar Victoria are in December 2022. Please call Master Builders Victoria directly to confirm available dates.
Subject to demand, training may also be delivered online for regional workers. Please contact Master Builders Victoria to discuss this option.
How much does it cost?
This training is fully subsidised for site supervisors working in our Solar Homes, Solar for Business and Home Heating and Cooling Upgrades programs.
Eligible participants will not need to pay course fees, which is a saving of $1,415 to $2,510 for the two-day general building industry course.
How to enrol
To assess your eligibility, Master Builders Victoria will ask you to provide a letter or email from your employer on your employer's letterhead to verify that you are an employee of an eligible business (see Who can do the training?).
About our commitment
Solar Victoria is investing $11million to deliver a comprehensive for solar and heating, ventilation and air-conditioning industry workers to have the skills and capabilities needed to deliver our programs and support growth.
Boosting training and workforce development will ensure Victoria has an ongoing supply of skilled workers to support growth in the renewable and clean energy sector.
Many of our training and workforce development initiatives are open to people working outside our programs, so we encourage training providers, local councils, businesses, community groups and others to promote them. See .
Reviewed 18 January 2023