Follow the steps on this page if you purchased an eligible new ZEV on or from 2 May, the subsidy was not applied to the contract of sale and you have taken delivery of the ZEV with a VicRoads registration.
If you have not yet taken delivery of your ZEV, please:
- with us by selecting the first check box, then
- wait until you have taken delivery of your ZEV and the vehicle has been registered with VicRoads before applying here for the subsidy.
Step 1: Check your eligibility
Please check that you are eligible for the Victorian Government ZEV Subsidy. To be eligible:
- You must have purchased your new ZEV on or after Sunday 2 May 2021.
- The dutiable value of vehicle (the total price of the vehicle, inclusive of all added options and accessories, but excluding stamp duty, registration and compulsory third-party insurance costs) must be less than $68,740. See these .
- The ZEV must be delivered and registered with VicRoads and your application for a subsidy submitted within a maximum of 6 months of the date of purchase.
- You must be residing in Victoria and have not previously applied for or received a ZEV Subsidy (or in the case of a business, no more than one previous ZEV Subsidy).
Step 2: Prepare your documents
To help you prepare to complete the application form, you will need the following documents, which we will ask you to upload:
- Contract of Sale
- Tax Invoice
- Vehicle Certificate of Registration
Uploading the correct documents will mean we can process your application faster. If you don’t have copies of these documents, please contact the salesperson at your dealership to request them.
You’ll also need to submit other identification details and eligibility requirements, including the make and model of the vehicle and the purchase price of the vehicle. We will also ask you to nominate bank account details so we can pay the subsidy to you.
Step 3: Apply now
To apply for the ZEV Subsidy, please complete and submit this form after your ZEV has been delivered and registered with VicRoads, and within a maximum of 6 months of the date of purchase.
Step 4: Await confirmation and payment
Please note that we may need to contact you to request further information. Once we have all the information we need, we will assess your eligibility and be back in touch to confirm the outcome of your application.
If all eligibility criteria are met and your application is approved, you should receive payment of the ZEV Subsidy into your nominated bank account within 15 business days.
Reviewed 22 July 2021