Solar Homes Program
- The Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) through its Solar Victoria portfolio (Solar Victoria) will administer the Solar Homes Program under which DELWP will provide a rebate and loan to partially fund the purchase and installation of a solar photovoltaic system and ancillary equipment (Solar System) and / or a solar battery system and ancillary equipment (Solar Battery System) at a property (Property).
- These terms and conditions set out the basis on which an installer of a Solar System and / or a Solar Battery System (Installer) will be eligible to install a Solar System and / or a Solar Battery System at a Property and to receive payments from a nominating retailer of amounts which those participating in the Solar Homes Program are eligible to receive under the program. If an Installer is also a retailer of Solar Systems and / or Solar Battery Systems both these and the Retailer terms will apply to it.
- By participating in the Solar Homes Program, the Installer agrees to comply with these terms and conditions. Solar Victoria (or any other government department which administers the Program) may amend these terms and conditions from time to time.
Portal and information
- The Installer must provide accurate and correct information (Information) including to the Solar Homes Program portal (Portal), both when using the Portal and at all other times as part of its participation in the Solar Homes Program as this will affect the ability of Solar Victoria to pay any loan or rebate amounts to the nominating retailer of the Solar System and / or the Solar Battery System under the Solar Homes Program.
- The Information is collected for Solar Victoria in order to assess compliance with the terms and conditions in place from time to time regarding participating in the Solar Homes Program.
- The Installer consents to the Information being collected by Solar Victoria as part of its participation in the Solar Homes Program.
- Solar Victoria is not required to provide any rebate or loan amounts to the nominating retailer of the Solar System and / or the Solar Battery System unless Solar Victoria is satisfied that it has received the Information in the form and substance satisfactory to Solar Victoria.
- Information includes, but is not limited to, the eligibility criteria outlined in clause 10).
- Solar Victoria reserves the right to collect other information from the Clean Energy Council (CEC) and similar industry bodies to validate representations made by the Installer and Information provided in using this Portal.
- To participate in the Solar Homes Program, the Installer must:
- be an accredited CEC installer;
- hold a current unrestricted Class A Electrical Licence registered with Energy Safe Victoria, or an equivalent Australian interstate licence with mutual recognition by Energy Safe Victoria;
- have had no prosecutions registered with Worksafe Victoria or an equivalent authority in Australia in the past 3 years;
- ensure safe work methods and fall prevention measures are in place as per the Occupational Health and Safety Regulations 2017 (S.R. No. 22/17); and
- otherwise ensure all other applicable occupational health and safety laws and requirements are complied with; and
- undertake any further training, accreditation or qualifications as required by Solar Victoria.
- Subject to clause 12), the Installer must only install CEC accredited products at the Property.
- From 1 July 2019, the Installer must only install at the Property products which are included in the Solar Victoria Approved Product List in place from time to time initially published on 1 July 2019.
- For rebates or loans to apply to Solar System and / or Solar Battery System installations, the Installer must download the Solar Victoria Application and use the application to scan the customer QR code onsite at the Property at the time of the installation of the Solar System and / or the Solar Battery System.
Solar Victoria Audit Program
- The Installer acknowledges that a representative of Solar Victoria may inspect the Solar System and / or the Solar Battery System and conduct an audit of the Solar System and/ or the Solar Battery System (Compliance Audit), taking into account the products used in the Solar System and / or the Solar Battery System, the method of installation, compliance with these terms and conditions or any other issue deemed appropriate by Solar Victoria.
- Following completion of the Compliance Audit on the Solar System and / or the Solar Battery System, Solar Victoria may determine that a Solar System and / or a Solar Battery System is non-compliant and deem that the Solar System and / or the Solar Battery System is:
- have major non-compliances that are likely to make the Solar System and / or the Solar Battery System unsafe; or
- or have medium non-compliance’s that significantly impact the performance or safety of the installed system,
- Non-compliant System - If Solar Victoria determines that a Solar System and / or a Solar Battery System is a Non-compliant System, Solar Victoria will provide written notice to the relevant nominating installer concerned detailing the findings of the Compliance Audit and the category of non-compliance as set out in clause 15).
Removal from Solar Homes Program
- Solar Victoria may, at its sole discretion, remove an Installer from participating in the Solar Homes Program if an Installer provides inaccurate or misleading information through the Portal or to Solar Victoria, otherwise breaches a requirement of the Solar Homes Program or has on more than one occasion installed a Non-compliant System.
- The Installer acknowledges that:
- an adverse Compliance Audit finding is grounds for exclusion from the Solar Home Program, on a temporary or permanent basis, at the discretion of Solar Victoria;
- Solar Victoria can require a Retailer and its nominated Installer to undertake rectification of a Non-compliant System as a condition of lifting any suspension from the Solar Homes Program; and
- Solar Victoria can seek grounds from a Retailer (including its nominated Installer) as to why the Retailer (and its nominated Installer) should continue to be eligible to participate in the Solar Homes Program and either terminate the Retailer’s or Installer’s participation in the Solar Homes Program based on the response or failure to respond (as applicable).
- The Installer acknowledges and agrees to the following as part of its participation in the Solar Homes Program:
- Solar Victoria may publish publicly from time to time, the compliance performance of the Installer based on results from the Compliance Audit;
- Solar Victoria may produce a public notice advising of the suspension or permanent removal of an Installer from the Solar Homes Program; and
- any information provided to Solar Victoria in connection with compliance, rectification or adverse Compliance Audit findings may also be provided to relevant regulators and the CEC.
Reviewed 24 February 2021