Solar Victoria is supporting eligible Victorian households to install a solar battery by providing a point-of-sale discount up to a maximum of $2,950 for eligible customers. An additional 1,700 rebates are now available.
Interest-free loans are not available under the solar battery rebate.
Your solar retailer will claim the rebate on your behalf and the rebate amount will be deducted from the cost of your overall system and installation. You are responsible for paying any outstanding balance directly to your solar retailer once installed.
Installing a battery can help a typical household save up to $640 a year.
Am I eligible?
Victorians eligible to receive a battery rebate if they meet all of the following criteria:
- the property already has solar PV panels with a capacity equal to or greater than 5kW or is arranging to have one installed in conjunction with the solar battery installation
- pre-approval is obtained from your Distributed Network Service Provider (DNSP) to safely connect a battery to the grid
- the energy storage solution is listed on Solar Victoria’s Approved Battery List and the property does not have an existing energy storage system
- they are the owner-occupier of the property where the system is to be installed
- the combined household taxable income of all owners is less than $180,000 a year (based on your Australian Tax Office Notice of Assessment)
- it is an existing property, valued at under $3 million based on the current council rates notice
- they have not already received a rebate as an owner-occupier under the Solar Homes Program
- the property address has not previously taken part in the Solar Homes Program
- the owner/s agrees to receive information from their Distribution Network Service Provider about taking part in battery trials to maximise the value households get from them.
Reviewed 11 January 2023