Solar Victoria is seeking to work with organisations to accelerate the uptake of solar PV and energy efficient hot water systems in Victorian homes through its Residential Electrification Grants. These grants will allocate funding to participating organisations to enable bulk installations in a minimum of 50 homes as part of a single scheme, project, or development, for the benefit of homeowners.
Solar Victoria’s Residential Electrification Grants are a unique opportunity for organisations to expand their customer base and leverage funding as an offering to Victorian households.
This initiative will benefit homeowners, businesses and the environment by:
- Enhancing and supporting the transition of new and existing Victorian homes developments and precincts towards electrification, reducing greenhouse gas emissions and energy bills.
- Supporting initiatives that take an innovative approach to increasing the uptake of solar PV and/or hot water.
- Supporting a new generation of organisations embedding renewable energy and energy efficient products in homes across Victoria.
- Acting as co-investment to attract or combine with additional funding sources such as that provided by the Australian Renewable Energy Agency or the Clean Energy Finance Corporation.
- Encouraging program participants to publish the outcomes or research resulting from their innovation projects to increase industry knowledge.
- Establishing a new streamlined process for the distribution of funding to Victorian households at scale.
- Continuing to support low- and middle-income earners by reducing the cost of their energy bills.
- Providing economic opportunities to Australian and New Zealand businesses by maintaining a preference for those providers that support local content.
- Ensuring safe, reliable and effective solar technologies are installed on Victorian homes.
- Ensuring safe and fair employment practices are adopted by Victorian businesses.
The Expression Of Interest (EOI)
Expressions of Interest closed on 24 November 2023.
If you have submitted an application, Solar Victoria will notify you of the outcome by email when the assessment process concludes.
Information on key dates regarding the assessment of applications are in the table below:
|25 September 2023
|24 November 2023
|November 2023 – February 2024
|March - April 2024
Please email email@example.com for any questions, due to anticipated interest in the program, please allow 3-5 business days for a response.
FAQs – Funding (updated 24 October)
FAQs – Projects (updated 24 October)
Questions added 21 November