Supporting documents

To confirm your eligibility for a Solar Homes rebate you will need to provide us with some documentation to confirm that you meet the program criteria.

Before you apply make sure you have the following documents ready to support your application:

1. Council Rates and Valuation Notice

We require you to provide a Council Rates and Valuation Notice for the installation address.

The notice must:

- be issued in the last 12 months

- show the postal address to be the same as the installation address

- show the Capital Improved Value of the property (CIV) be addressed to the applicant (may show other owners also)

We accept Instalment Notices, but they must include the CIV, matching postal/installation address and property description.

We also accept Supplementary Rates Notices, however you must also provide proof of address in the form of a drivers licence or confirmation of Electoral roll enrolment at the installation address. This can be searched on the Victorian Electoral Commission website:

example rates notice

2. Proof of income

We require proof of income documentation for each person named on the Rates Notice

If there is more than one set of income documents provided, documents provided must be from the same financial year eg. 2016-17 financial year or 2017-18 financial year.

For people who are working, we need:

- Australian Tax Office Notice of Assessment (NOA) confirming annual taxable income

For retirees receiving a pension, we need:

- Centrelink Payment Summary or Centrelink Income Summary showing dates, reference number and confirming pension income for financial years 2016/17 or 2017/18. This can be accessed via your MyGov account @

For retirees receiving no pension, we need:

- Completed and signed Statutory Declarations stating that they are retired and have received no income for each house owner for the financial year 2017/18

For Veterans receiving a pension, we need:

- Department of Veteran Affairs payment summary showing dates and confirming pension income for financial years 2016/17 or 2017/18

For people who receive no taxable income, we need:

- Correspondence demonstrating the submission of non-lodgement advice with the Australian Tax Office (ATO) for the financial year 2017/18. The applicant can request this from the Australian Taxation Office @


3. PV Solar Provider Statement

Your provider needs to fill in and sign your Solar Provider Statement

You must ensure that:

- all sections are completed by your provider

- all boxes are ticked 'yes'

- the statement has been signed by your provider

- you provide us with both pages of the Solar Provider Statement.

What next?

Once you have gathered all of the documentation required to apply for eligibility, you are ready to submit your application. Missing documents and incomplete information will result in delays when processing your application.

Submit your: Eligibility Application

example solar provider statement

Sunny sky

Solar Homes Program

Register for updates