Step 1: Apply for eligibility
Solar Victoria is the only place you can go to confirm your eligibility. Your installer cannot confirm your eligibility.
You need to get an eligibility number from us before you can apply for a rebate.
To be eligible, you must be able to answer ‘Yes’ to the following questions and provide supporting documents as evidence that you meet the criteria:
- Do you have a combined taxable income of less than $180,000 per annum? (based on the 2016/17 or 2017/18) tax assessment notices for the property owners as evidenced on the rates notice, or proof of pension income e.g. Centrelink payment summary
- Are you the owner-occupier of the property?
- Is the property valued at under $3 million?
- I don't have solar PV on my property OR I am replacing my solar PV system that was installed before 1 November 2009*.
Please note that households are only eligible for one rebate under the Solar Homes Package (ie. a household that accesses a solar PV rebate cannot claim a solar hot water rebate and vice versa).
*Early adopters of solar PV, who meet all other eligibility criteria, are able to claim a rebate for a new or expanded system. An early adopter is defined as a solar system that was installed prior to the commencement of the Premium Feed-In Tariff (PFIT) on November 1, 2009. Your Distribution Network Service Provider can confirm that the date on which your solar PV system was connected to the grid was prior to the start of the PFIT. Other than for early adopters, the solar rebate cannot be used to expand an existing solar panel installation.
To confirm your eligibility for a Solar Homes rebate you will need to provide us with some documentation to confirm that you meet the program criteria.
Before you apply make sure you have the following documents ready to support your application:
2. Proof of income
We require proof of income documentation for each person named on the Rates Notice
If there is more than one set of income documents provided, documents provided must be from the same financial year eg. 2016-17 financial year or 2017-18 financial year.
For people who are working, we need:
- Australian Tax Office Notice of Assessment (NOA) confirming annual taxable income
For retirees receiving a pension, we need:
- Centrelink Payment Summary or Centrelink Income Summary showing dates, reference number and confirming pension income for financial years 2016/17 or 2017/18. This can be accessed via your MyGov account @ www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/centrelink
For retirees receiving no pension, we need:
- Completed and signed Statutory Declarations stating that they are retired and have received no income for each house owner for the financial year 2017/18
For Veterans receiving a pension, we need:
- Department of Veteran Affairs payment summary showing dates and confirming pension income for financial years 2016/17 or 2017/18
For people who receive no taxable income, we need:
- Correspondence demonstrating the submission of non-lodgement advice with the Australian Tax Office (ATO) for the financial year 2017/18. The applicant can request this from the Australian Taxation Office @ https://www.ato.gov.au/About-ATO/Contact-us/.
3. PV Solar Provider Statement
Your provider needs to fill in and sign your Solar Provider Statement.
You must ensure that:
- all sections are completed by your provider
- all boxes are ticked 'yes'
- the statement has been signed by your provider
- you provide us with both pages of the Solar Provider Statement.